Wednesday, April 13, 2011

iPads and Preschoolers?

I found this really interesting article today called "Incorporating iPads in Preschool Classrooms" and it talked about how some schools are using iPads in preschool classrooms. Because I am an early childhood/elementary education major, this caught my attention and I wanted to learn more. According to this article, the iPads are making kids excited to learn because they essentially are learning from playing with a "toy". There are numerous apps for the iPad that are appropriate and helpful for this age group including ABC Tracer, iWriteWords, Pencilbot Preschool, and many more. These apps will engage students for longer than pencil and paper activities, and will make them excited about learning. I would love to see this in action to see how the kids actually respond to it, and who knows, maybe by the time I'm a teacher there will be iPads in every classroom.

(Photo used with permission from Flickr.com/cafemama)

No comments:

Post a Comment